Using Facebook Ads in Cyprus is becoming a vital way to gain a positive impact on the reach of content for businesses. Facebook has an ever-changing algorithm that you need to constantly keep up-to-date with to make sure your Facebook Ads get seen.
Knowing how to micro-target the correct audience for the business, understanding the various ad types and what kind of engagement to expect are all popular queries. So, we have decided to answer all these questions as well as share our best tips and tricks when using the world’s largest social media network.
Types of Facebook Ads
Before we even get into the nitty-gritty details of Facebook Ads it is essential to know what type of ads you can create on Facebook. Firstly, because you need to plan what visual content you will need; maybe you need to produce a video or some graphics. Secondly, your target audience will react differently depending on the visuals. There is no point in spending your hard-earned money on a beautifully created video if your audience is not going to have a positive reaction to it.
So, let’s delve into the various types of Facebook Ads.
Single Image Ads
This is arguably the simplest form of creative for ads but, there are so many ways to get creative with a single image so, don’t think simple means boring. You could go for a minimalistic image with a high-resolution photograph of your product (this tends to the most eye-catching image). Or you can even have an illustration of your product or service. Don’t limit yourself to photographs, get creative.
Video has taken over the world (check out our video marketing blog post here). You see video ads everywhere, on your newsfeed, and your stories across all social media. So, you are probably familiar with the various types of video but, just in case you need inspiration here is a list of ideas.
– Demonstration video of your product
– Social proof video (customers talking about your product/service)
– GIF and animation video
The carousel ad…the most popular type of Facebook Ads in Cyprus. Here you are able to use a maximum of 10 images or videos to showcase your products or services. The reason for its popularity is that you have the ability to show off multiple attributes of your business within one ad.
If you don’t have the time or money to create a video then we would definitely recommend trying out slideshow ads. You can use still images that you already have to create these slideshows. They are an easy way to draw the attention of your audience and as they use five times less bandwidth than video ads, they are great even for people with a lagging internet connection.
How to Target Your Audience Correctly?
As we mentioned earlier, there is a reason why we spent the first part of this article running through the creative Facebook Ad types. Your audience cares! Every business has a unique audience they will want to target. Therefore, using the correct creative is vital. But now you need to figure out how to target this unique audience. So, here goes…
Business Manager (where you create and manage Facebook Ads) has everything you need to be able to target the right audience. Firstly, there are location-based targeting options. Here you can set your ads to run in specific countries, states, or regions and cities. So, if you are using Facebook ads in Cyprus but want to target outside of the country, that is possible. But, if you want to target particular cities within Cyprus, you can do that as well. The location options are limitless here.
Following on from this, you can add another layer onto location targeting by being even more specific. The options are as followed:
– Everyone in this location (default targeting option)
– People who live in this location
– People who were recently in this location (tracked by mobile device usage in the geographical area you target)
– People traveling to this location (audiences who had the geographic location you are targeting as a recent location that’s 100+ miles away from their home location)
Once you have made the wanted changes to the location you can start to get more specific with you targeting through the demographics.
Here are some of the options you will find under the demographic section in Business Manager:
– Age (very helpful if you are targeting a specific age range e.g. university students)
– Language (Targeting in Cyprus but only to English speakers? That is fine because you can combine location and language together to target the perfect audience)
The sections mentioned above are the simplest form of targeting in demographics. Detailed targeting is available and this means you are able to include people with specific job titles, upcoming life events e.g. birthdays, political views, and so on.
When you decide to advertise through Facebook ads in Cyprus then you want to be using interest-based targeting as much as you possibly can. This is because it will allow you to target people specifically interest in a subject related to your product. You can even target people who show particular interest in your competitors.
Tips and Tricks When Using Facebook Ads in Cyprus
So, we’ve briefly covered the different creative ad types and the targeting options you have available on Business Manager. Now, we are going to quickly talk you through some of our best tips and tricks when using Facebook ads in Cyprus.
– Always create multiple versions of your creative (images, videos). You can change the colors, change the lighting, or change the effects on a video. You will be surprised how these changes impacted your reach and engagement.
– Always prioritize mobile-friendly content first. Mobile has taken over the world and conversion rates as well. With 40% of people admitting they only search for products online via mobile and 50% of B2B inquiries made on the mobile, you need to be prioritizing mobile.
– Check Business Manager every other day. You need to be up-to-date on your reach, impressions. CPR (cost per result) and results.
– You NEED to run your Facebook ads in Cyprus for longer than a month. Don’t expect continuous results if you don’t put in continuous effort and money.
Using Facebook Ads in Cyprus is a great way to gain the engagement and conversions you want. However, you need to put in the effort. Detailed targeting and conversion worthy creative take months to create and test out. You need to be dedicated and experimental with your Facebook Ads in order to successful. By using the knowledge above you should be able to start planning your potential ads and if you have any questions don’t hesitate to contact us.